Sunday, December 12, 2010

Getting Even Closer

In less than a week, I will be 8 months pregnant. This is mind blowing to me. The time has truly been flying by and I'm already starting to wish I had a little more time. I want nothing more than to hold my son... but I have started to love being pregnant and feeling him move 10+ times an hour.

Yeah, it's getting rough. Really rough. And I still have two more months to go. As cheesy and cliche as it sounds, all of the pain and exhaustion stops mattering the second Cooper moves (or rams his little foot into my kidney). As I said before, it's beyond worth it.

We had our hospital tour yesterday and it was a huge relief to see the labor and delivery department at Kaiser. It was beautiful. I expected it to be more cold, more hospital-like. It was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. The walls were painted with murals, bright and colorful. The private delivery rooms all had private showers and the were very, very comfortable. I felt safe immediately and was very at ease when I saw where our son was going to be born. The staff was incredibly sweet and I could tell that the genuinely loved their jobs. I kept looking at Jory and all I could do was smile, because this is where our baby will be born.

As I mentioned before, I'm exhausted. I slept in and took two naps today... and I'm already ready for bed at 8:45 PM. Working an 8 hour day is beyond difficult. My doctor thought it might be easier on me if I cut my day down to 7 hours, we started that last week. The extra hour of sleep seemed to make me feel a little more refreshed in the morning, but didn't really change how tired I was by the end of the day. I have 23 more days of work left and it seems surreal. That's nothing! Then, I can rest. For now, I need to keep truckin' on and work my tooshie off.

I have been unhappy with my level of activity, it's been pretty much non-existent. The absolute last thing I want to do after a long day is walk anywhere. At one point during our hospital tour I thought I was going to fall over because exhaustion. It makes exercise feel like torture, even though exercise was one of my favorite things before I got pregnant. It's also hard to not feel guilty or not feel lazy, especially when I see women exercising past their due date and my doctor tells me she went into labor on the elliptical machine. I have to remember that not all women are super women and not all women go into labor while in the gym. All I can think about is how exciting my first spin class will be next year.

So that's my update. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment