Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Nursery... My DIY Project

At long last, I am posting nursery photos. It's come a long way and I've gotten quite a bit done. There's still a little more to do, but I'm very pleased with it thus far (click on photos to enlarge).


This is the nursery a couple weeks after we moved in:



This shelf was in my bedroom when I was a little girl. It was pink. I'm not sure what the hell my mom was thinking when she painted it recently... it's a mess.




I have no idea what's going on here:






Fixing!:


It looks like I have a basketball in my shirt:


My Grandma Sue sent Cooper this card with a letter on the back. It was so precious. I hope he always keeps this card from his Great-Grandma Sue:


I got this amazing idea from a website Tara introduced me to, http://www.younghouselove.com/photo-gallery-2/our-first-house/. In their first house they had cards hanging on a line from clothespins. I loved the idea and hunted down the perfect cards on Amazon.com. I found these for under $10 and fell in love with the art:


Jory hand cut me some wooden stars in our shop at work, to be used to hold the strings up:


I painted them:

When I was done I had some pretty cool line holders:


I attached the line and used clothes pins to hold my cards:



I had quite a few extra cards, so I put up some cute shelves to display a few more of my favorites and to take up some of the extra wall space:

And it started all to look more complete...



I played with these Raggedy Anne and Andy dolls when I was little. Grandma Sue kept them all these years:




And the crib:



That's all for now. We still need a rug for the nursery, which is not in the budget at the moment. I am pretty happy with what we have so far and I'm pretty sure Cooper will like it too.

1 comment:

  1. It looks absolutely amazing! Cooper has the best room ever. I love the cards and stars.

    ReplyDelete