Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So. Damn. Close.

Today the doctor told us that I'm starting to dilate! This is wonderful! Cooper will be here soon! Since I am beginning to dilate it's less likely that I'll need to be induced and more likely he'll be right on time.

I started drinking red raspberry leaf tea this week and it has brought on a ton of contractions. I can feel them almost immediately after a few sips of the tea. Our doctor advised us to keep on drinking it, to keep the contractions coming. I had no idea it would be this efficient of a labor inducer! Many of my books say not to drink it before 39 weeks because it could cause early labor... but I suppose I didn't think it would have that much of an effect on me.

I stopped by Kohl's today to pick up a sports watch so I could time my contractions. It's cute and purple. The only thing I need now is a robe for the hospital and I couldn't find one that I liked or that was black and white (babies like the contrast).

Hopefully I can get another update in before the baby gets here, and I'd really like to make my hair appointment tomorrow... we shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment