Thursday, July 26, 2012

Time to Upgrade

A lot has happened since I last blogged. Cooper turned one. Shoot, now he's almost 18 months. I still can barely believe he's walking and he's starting to spit out new words every day. After 4.5 years of misery, I finally left the boat yard and found a new job, with a great (and fun) company. I was excited when I started, but now I realize it's pretty much the perfect job for me. I am not only learning a lot about the industry, I am able to use all of the skills I've been collecting to make things more efficient in the business and it feels damn good. And I get to take photos of our jobs sites, which is effing awesome. I finally got a bike. When I'm not in a ton of pain, I try to get out and ride a loop out on Bay Farm Island. It feels so good and I get to listen to my new music during this time. I'm seriously looking for riding buddies and am having a hard time finding them. I lost 22 lbs! The Paleo diet works, and now that I've lost the weight, I'm back to eating whatever I want, in moderation, of course. I'm at pre-pregnancy weight and it's staying off (give or take a pound or two that fluctuates back and forth)!

And now, I am enjoying the little bit of Summer that I have free. I just finished another Summer semester yesterday and have a little free time, about a month of no homework or lectures. I'd like to say that I'm going to be doing a lot during this time, but honesty, I'm probably going to sit on my ass. I have been in a lot of pain patly and haven't been feeling like doing much when I have free time. I am going to try to get a couple hikes in, a baseball game or two (GO A's!) and spend some more time with Bucko. My poor dog has been completely neglected since I found out we were breeding. Bucko has been utterly amazing and patient, and we are lucky to have such a sweet doggie.

The awesome thing about having photography be a part of my job is that I get to use my camera more and practice shooting. It's actually motivating me to shoot on my free time. I got a few shots in this weekend of my Dad's house, and I was really excited about editing them. I know they're just house shots, but I am really stoked about them. More HERE


I have decided to upgrade to a full-frame camera soon. It's an exciting thing, even if it's a little scary to spend so much on something. I feel like an idiot spending over $3,000 on a camera body (thats not including lenses, people), but I am trying to justify it as well. My current camera has paid for itself with the jobs I've gotten with it and if I actually put more effort into booking shoots, I can pay off the new camera quickly. And dammit, I'm good. I enjoy taking photos and it's the only hobby that I've actually stuck with, for years and years. I have to remember to allow myself to buy things that make me happy, if it's something that I will actually use. Isn't it beautiful? It's really a dream, and it feels good to finally have gotten to a place where I can afford to buy myself something so amazing.

Alright. Time for bed. Hopefully I will dream about the Nikon D800.

No comments:

Post a Comment