Friday, September 10, 2010

Devistation

Do you know what it's like to loose all of your images as a photographer? Every. Single. Edited. Photo you have taken in the last three years? Well, it feels like your world has crumbled. I know it could be worse, but try telling that to someone in a desperate panic-driven fury who can't see straight because they're crying so hard. I didn't know what to do with myself last night. I paced and then cried in my bed, paced some more and cried again.

Granted, I'm hormonal. But I guarantee I would have reacted the same if I hadn't been pregnant. And today? I'm numb. I don't know what to do with myself. I know how to prevent this from happening again, but that isn't going to bring back my precious images.

I decided to use an external hard drive as my main hub for storing my Lightroom catalogs. I did this to save room on my iMac's hard drive. And now for some reason, I can't access my catalogs on the external, which is the only place they're stored. If I had been thinking clearly, I would have continued to manage my catalog on the iMac and use the external only for back-up. What a shitty way to realize you've made a bad decision.

I will call Apple support tonight after work. Hopefully, by some grace of God, they can recover some of them in a second library or something. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment