Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Bath for the Birdies

For the last few weeks I've been searching high and low for items to make a bird bath with, for my bay-Friendly Garden. The coalition members are coming this Sunday and I want it to be set up and functional before they get here!

We went to Urban Ore to try to find materials to make a bird bath and ended up having a miserable experience. I looked at new bird baths online, not finding one I liked for under $250.

I decided to go to TJ Maxx, to see if I couldn't find a really awesome bowl to use for the bath. Ladies and Gentlemen, I found exactly what I was looking for, at the low price of $7.99. It's a thick glass bowl with metal paint on the bottom:


I ordered a bird bath stand online for $19 buckaroos:


And collected some cool stones from around the neighborhood (so the birdies don't slip):


And we have ourselves a bird bath!



The metal paint on the bottom reflects sun rays and keeps the water at a nice temperature for the birdies, somewhere around room temperature.


The best part? I did this all for under $30. Much better than $250, and I got exactly what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment