Friday, October 29, 2010

It Could Always Be Worse...

My body aches like it's never ached before. Ever. It feels like I climbed Mt. Everest and then entered a triathlon. And the scary thing is, I'm not even 6 and a half months pregnant. The last thing I wanted to do tonight when I got home was do the dishes. But I did them. After spending an hour in the grocery store. And that's absolutely unlike non-pregnant me. I think the nesting bug that seems to have taken over my body.

I went to bed last night at 9:00 PM. I thought that even with the expected 4 trips to the bathroom, since I went to bed early, I'd still get some sleep. Wrong. Wrong fucking wrong wrongitty wrongle. I got maybe 4 hours of sleep last night. Maybe.

And guys... if your pregnant girlfriend tells you her body aches and that she feels horrible, the absolute wrong thing to do is play air violin and make crying face. It will fill her with a rage that you do not want to endure. Trust.

Now here's where it gets better.


It's worth absolutely every minute. Every single one. Cliche, I know. But the second that little baby kicks inside my tummy, I forget how tired I am. I forget how much his father can be an insensitive ass. I forget that my bitch co-worker brought me to tears today. My face involuntarily smiles and all I can think of is the second I see that little guy's face. I remember that he will be my world and all that matters is that he's healthy. For the first time in my life, I feel like what I'm doing is important, that what decisions I make truly matter. Every move I make affects another little person. Every time I pick up one of his little outfits that are waiting for him, or arrange the basket of diapers, I'm overwhelmed with a feeling that indescribable. Something I never knew I could feel.

And besides. It could always be worse:


1 comment:

  1. THat is the sickest picture ever! I'm sorry you had a poopy fricken night. I do worry for you since I just hung out with Brooke the other night and she said she just started to feel really uncomfortable 2 weeks ago and is experiencing almost every pregnancy symptom know to woman-kind. That last trimester will be a true test of endurance. BUT all worth it for shizzle!

    ReplyDelete