Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Preventing Endometriosis

On my previous blog I had a whole section dedicated to my daily struggles with endometriosis and ovarian cysts. I haven't touched upon it much in this blog, but I have suffered from this horribly painful disease for years. The boy and I decided to try to conceive after being told early this year that I was growing cysts again. This time it was more rapidly than ever before and having another surgery could greatly hurt our chances of having kids in the future. It was either time for another surgery, or time to try to get pregnant. We chose to start a family and were fortunate it was even possible.

Fortunately, pregnancy is the one and only thing that has proven to get rid of endometriosis and cysts, although it's a temporary fix and 98% of women have the disease return after birth. I've been talking to my OB/GYN (who also happens to be my surgeon) about what we should do after the baby is born, how we're going to try to fight this disease all over again. So far the plan is to get as close to a vegan diet as possible, acupuncture, and to use an IUD as prevention again.

Here's a entry from the last blog, explaining my history with the disease. Since it was written I've had two surgeries and still had the disease come back.

I'm going to keep updates on this blog about what happens after birth and what I'll be doing to prevent the monster from coming back again.

And you know what you can do? Follow my blog, if you don't already. That would be great :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Friend,

    The symptoms of endotetriosi are extremely bothering for every patient. The key symptoms of the disease that lead to extreme discomfort of the suffering patients include pain, heavy bleeding, breast tenderness etc.

    ReplyDelete