Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's Still Sexual Harassment... even if it's in Spanish.

If you're going to harass a woman in Spanish, chances are she can still understand what you mean when you say "Miguel! Look at her boobs!" or "I had a dream about her ass", especially if she lives in a state that borders a major Spanish speaking country. I grew up in California. I took 3 years of Spanish as required by my school district. I lived in a bi-lingual household as a teenager and one of the languages was... you guessed it... Spanish.

It's still sexual harassment, even if it's in another language. So stop it. Fortunately for my harasser, I am not one to raise a fuss or have someones job taken from them for something so petty and immature. Fortunately for me, I had a quick comeback line and walked away just as their faces turned white from embarrassment and they realized I understood what they said.

I'm not just a stupid Guerra.

No comments:

Post a Comment