Friday, March 19, 2010

Working My Ass Off

Spin classes are changing my life!!

I am working my ass off... literally. It's been a slow process but I can see results, finally. I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10 in less than two months and lost 15 pounds. I have been told by a few people that I look thinner but for the most part, I feel like no one's noticing. I feel thinner and definitely more in shape but I sometimes feel like I need a little more outside reassurance so I know my efforts are paying off.

I am taking three spin classes a week, and two of the three are at 6:00 AM. If you have known me for a while you understand how amazing it is that I'm up more than 30 minutes before I have to be to work. I am eating a vegan diet and have cut out 90% of the fat that was in my diet. I make every attempt I can to be more active. I walk to school instead of drive. I take Bucko on a walk every day at lunch instead of just watching him run around a field. When I have free time in the evening or on the weekend I go for long power walks instead of watching TV on my ass and over eating.

But I'm still not completely content. I want to get thinner and loose another 15 pounds before I'll be in a happy place. I have lost an incredible amount of fat but since I'm building muscle, I'm not seeing the results I want to on the scale.

I'm proud of myself and can honestly say that I never, ever thought I'd be where I am today. I have energy. I'm cigarette free. I'm the most fit and in shape I've ever been in my life... yet I still have drive and determination to improve my life even more. I feel like you have to have a certain level of self respect to get to where I am and it took me a long time to build it. But every single step along the way has been worth it and I have never felt more alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment