Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Everybody Pukes.

This isn't one of the eloquent blogs I promised.

I left work Monday due to a nasty case of food poisoning. I puked 6 times at work before lunch. After lunch I threw up on the way to the outside restroom at work, because I was physically incapable of holding it. I was delirious and feeling faint. My boss had The Boy give me a ride home (we work together) since she didn't think I should drive in my condition. It was pretty horrible but thankfully, it didn't last more than 48 hours.

I was telling someone about how I'd had to leave work early on Monday because I couldn't stop throwing up. She looked me disgusted and said something about how nasty that was, as if I had been talking graphically about it. Seriously. This look was awful, as if I'd snatched her puppy and started running. I didn't describe my vomit, I merely stated that it had happened.

Pardon me.

I didn't realize you were beyond throwing up. Last time I checked, all humans do it. Everyone poops too. But apparently some people are immune to most human qualities or actions. Do you shit skittles and burp perfume? Of course you do. I'm sorry I mentioned it and grossed you out. And perhaps you should tell your children that puking is gross, because they can totally control when they get sick and whether or not they throw up. Someone should let them know their mom will be grossed out by their body's natural reaction to illness.

I guess I'm just surprised that people can be so prude. I mean, I'M a prude when it comes to certain things, yet I am comfortable talking about poop and puke. Maybe it's because I've spent so many years taking care of children, nothing shocks me. I would imagine that people with children would have a thicker skin and a stronger stomach. This is not the case.

*Le sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment