Sunday, November 14, 2010

Staying Away from the Bad Stuff

I have about 3 months to go (I know!) and I've already gained a lot of weight with this pregnancy. Although the doctor didn't say I'm fat, she did suggest that I exercise more and watch my calorie intake.

I am trying my damnedest to eat healthy and stay away from the high calorie and no-no foods, such as white flours, high sugar foods and fried foods. I was eating very healthy last week but kept finding myself starving, even after a large meal. There was almost no fat in my diet. Tara suggested I have a little fat in my meals to make me feel full longer.

I decided to start off today with a frittata. I got up early on this beautiful Sunday and started cooking. It worked. I wasn't chomping-at-the-bit 20 minutes after I ate. I had a bunch of energy after eating, thus making it possible to have a productive day. And I made enough to have left-overs for breakfast the next few days.

My fritatta included eggs, chicken apple sausage, zucchini, scallions, a yellow onion, fresh spinach, sea salt, black pepper and a *little* bit of cheese on top.



1 comment:

  1. That looks so yummy! Seriously, eggs are a magical and amazing food, keeps you satisfied for hours.

    ReplyDelete