Friday, April 1, 2011

Dairy Cow

I'm starting to feel like a dairy cow. My breasts hurt all the time and I sometimes feel like all I do is feed Cooper. I started a free "Baby and Me" mommy group at Kaiser on Thursday and I was told over and over that it gets easier. We shall see. The group was really great and I'm happy I went. It's nice to talk to other new mommies and have people relate to what you're going through. I'm watching Opening Day at the Coliseum on TV, wishing I was at the game. I can't wait to take Cooper to his first game. I suppose I could now, I just am a little nervous about taking the little man to such a busy event. I have been cooking a little, finally. I made a delish vegan dish last night, it was coconut curry on sweet potatoes, yams and crisped tofu with jasmine rice. It was pretty incredible. My biggest challenge is making vegan food not taste like vegan food. I am already craving dairy and wish I didn't have to cut it out... but the flare ups are getting really intense. I feel like I'm falling apart these days and the post-pregnancy healing is still going on. I can't wait to get my energy back and get my diet in order. Cooper and I walked about a mile this evening. I was exhausted when I got home. I never expected it to take me so long to do simple things. It's been 11 1/2 months since I've had a drop of alcohol. I keep saying I'm going to have a glass of wine but end up getting too caught up with Cooper and forget. I have a nice bottle of Coppola's Sofia wine that I've been waiting to open. Perhaps this weekend. So that was my little update. I'm going to try to dive back into this blog soon. We're starting to get a rhythm down with the baby and hopefully he will start sleeping more than 3 hours a night. I can't wait for that day. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment