Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Resuming A Difficult Diet

Today is day two of hell; no meat and no dairy. I'm back on the vegan wagon.

I forgot how difficult it is to be vegan. I have quite a bit of vegan food in my house, but going out to dinner tonight was challenging.

It will get easier when I get in the groove of this lifestyle. I did it before and I'll do it again. I'm aware that realistically, there will be times when I'll just have to deal with a little bit of dairy in my meal. But if I don't make a conscious effort to do this *fur-real*, I'll never take it seriously.

I have to remember it's for my own good and it will keep me out of pain and able to take care of Cooper to the best of my ability, without doubling over in pain or having to call in sick to work because it hurts to walk.

I think this week will be the hardest. I just have to get through this week. I have to remind myself that the last time I took on this diet, I enjoyed the food I was eating and I loved the way I felt. I loved the energy I had and I loved not being in constant pain.

2 comments:

  1. Blurg! Good luck. Monday nights will be a challenge fo shizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it will be! I can always eat after.

    ReplyDelete